Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Shuffle song when playing from a USB drive

melsee

Has anyone been able to get the shuffle feature to work when playing songs from a USB drive.  I have approx. 1400 songs split up into 5 directories on the drive and that total shows on the MFT screen.  When I go to setting and select shuffle - all it will shuffle once and then play the remaining songs in order they are on the drive.  My understanding is shuffle should select a the next song at random each time a song finishes.  Has anyone tried this and if so had any luck getting it to work or is this a bug in the system.  Do I need to put all songs in the root directory?

Thanks for any help!

Mine shuffles throughout the entire 2500 songs on my USB drive, but I only have one folder with all of them in it, not separate directories.  Only thing that bugs me is that for some reason about once or twice a week it starts over...and always starts with the same song when it does.  I guess that's not a big deal to just skip that one song though.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if there is a maximum USB size/storage capacity?  If so, what is it?

Not sure if there is a max, but I have found that the more files that you add the system, the slower everything seems to run. Even after you clean up the tags to get it to index in a decent amount of time.

I put a 1 TB hard drive on the system and it worked, but removed it because I do not like the lag it caused. I think I am using a 16 GB thumb drive with about 9,000 songs on it with reasonable results.

I have a small sized 64 GB with just over 3100 songs, shuffle works fine. Formatted fat32, music folders at the root level. In those folders copied straight from iTunes.Basically all of the music is two level deep (Folder for artist and then album).

About how long did it take to index the 3,100 songs?  Did you use the tool from the Ford site to clean up the tags?

Edited by meyersnole