Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Cruise Control and Rear Sensor Faults

Karim

Bought a 2017 FFE Platinum. Only 30k miles. Thought I got a great deal. Now I’m realizing I probably got taken because the car has a ton of problems.

Cruise Control doesn’t work. When I try to activate CC, I get a message that Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available Sensor Blocked. It won’t even let me use regular cruise control. I can turn it On, but I cannot set a speed. I have checked the fascia in front of where the sensor should be (just to the right of the lower grill, just to left of driver fog lamp) and it is clean. Obviously I cannot see the sensor itself.

I also get rear parking aid and cross traffic alert faults. I thought this might be because one of the four sensors was loose and pushed into the bumper. So I removed the whole darned bumper and glued/taped the bracket back in place (the brackets are supposed to integrated into the bumper and I didn’t want to buy a whole new bumper). But that did not fix those faults.

Am I hosed? If I take to dealership this could cost me over a thousand dollars to fix. Better to take to a reputable third party mechanic, or am I better off just going to dealership due to the sensors involved?

Sounds like someone dropped their problem child into your lap, sorry to say.  If after resetting the bracket back into the bumper, and checking all connections you can find doesn't fix it, it might be a control module.  I'd bet the one that controls ACC is also the same one that does park assist/cross traffic alert.  Unfortunately that's likely to take a dealer to troubleshoot.  Unless your 3rd party mechanic is an expert in electrical troubleshooting, they're probably useless.

Best of luck.