Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Anyone had their HVB replaced?

jsamp

Has anyone out there had their High Voltage Battery replaced?  Places like these guys: https://www.besthybridbatteries.com/products/ford-fusion-energi-2013-2018-plugin-hybrid-battery claim to have sold almost 200 of them, but I've never heard anyone on here talk about having had it done.  Anyone? Bueller?

I was shopping around to see what it might cost should we ever choose to go that route, and found those guys. They'll be the first outfit I check in with if we get to that point, but by the time that would end up being a need/serious desire, it will be a calculated decision on whether to invest in the car or replace it.

I have a 2013 Energi Titanium and I replaced the HV battery myself with a battery I had shipped from a salvage yard half-way across the country that I found through a used salvage parts network online. (SE batteries are easy to find, larger Energi batteries not so much). It was surprisingly easy to do (except the lifting, they are quite heavy, can get it with 2 people though). Just keep track of how it comes apart and it goes right back together. Watch your defrost clips on the rear window when taking the panels off, knocked one off on the driver side and had to get the glue to put it back on.  All in cost me like $1600 to replace it myself. Dealership wanted $9500 to do it. Now I get the full charge miles from a fresh charge again (18 miles for that generation), like new and it has been a year and a half since I installed it.

• 2 weeks later...