Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Battery heating/conditioning on 2017+ model years?

cr08

I HIGHLY doubt this is the case, but would love some confirmation from actual owners. As a preface, I own a 2013 C-Max Energi which basically shares the same powertrain/battery/etc. as the Fusion Energi. The only change I've seen is the newer Fusion model years got the increased capacity battery.

I'm curious if as part of this change did they by any chance add a heating/conditioning system? I'm like 99.999% sure it is not a thing but was told otherwise. Nowhere in any of Ford's manuals or even posts in this forum indicate this that I can find.

On 12/19/2023 at 6:20 PM, Jazz Fusion said:

I believe the fans pull air in from the cabin, not the trunk, and exhaust it outside. Soooo theoretically you might get some battery conditioning through the car's hvac

That's what has been my knowledge of these vehicles (both the C-Max and the Fusion) from the start. It's very basic air cooling using whatever temp air is in the cabin already and that's it. No coolant, no in-battery heaters, etc.. I was just wondering if maybe that changed at all by some random chance in the later model years but everything so far points to no.

I just happened to come across someone who was doubling down saying there was a battery heater and was being one of those confidently incorrect types and just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed some big design change in these vehicles. Then again, common sense tells me since Ford was phasing them out, it would be stupid to do a major redesign like that.