Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New Energi owner

yellow05gt

I purchased a Tuxedo Black Energi Titanuim last Friday and have drove it about 400 miles in the past week. I'm loving that I have only used half a tank of gas! This is my first hybrid/EV vehicle and am loving it so far. I'm coming from a 2006 Range Rover Sport that on a good day got 15mpgs and a 2003 Ford Cobra that got about the same. So I'm seeing the savings already in a week. Can't wait to learn more about it

I purchased a Tuxedo Black Energi Titanium early last month.  This is one fantastic car. I have a little over 2,000 miles on it. I was previously considering the Tesla S but could not get past paying so much for a car and not have any even basic driver assist features.  I am coming out of a 2012 Genesis R-Spec.  

Now that I am a PHEV owner, I am experiencing a certain amount of stress when passing Quick Trip, Race Track, Shell and Chevron. Perhaps I am missing the fellowship with others frantically filling their vehicles as if it were a contest to see who can reach the largest outstanding balance attributed to purchasing fuel on their credit cards. Now, driving around for a week and a half and still looking at the gas gauge indicating over half full, I find my self wondering if there is something wrong with the gauge. Finally, I manage to get it down to indicating a half tank. Okay, I can't wait any longer, I have to stop and fill up. I insert the card, put in my billing zip code, and here it comes, I get to select regular! What? Not Premium? Okay, I select my grade, insert the nozzle, and click on the fill lock. Now, a few minutes to snap a photo to post and check in on Foursquare. Click! What the heck was that. The nozzle turned off. I squeeze the handle and it clicks right back off again. What the heck, I have only pumped a little less than 7 gallons! This is nuts. Lean in the car and take a look at the gauge. It says full, in fact, it's a good bit above the full mark. What ami going to do... Normally I can pump nine or close to ten gallons in my previous car when it indicated a half tank. I need counseling. I can't stop as often, which means less Dr. pepper, when I finally can stop, I don't have time to clean the windows before the pump clicks off. What to do, what to do.

I purchased a Tuxedo Black Energi Titanium early last month.  This is one fantastic car. I have a little over 2,000 miles on it. I was previously considering the Tesla S but could not get past paying so much for a car and not have any even basic driver assist features.  I am coming out of a 2012 Genesis R-Spec.  

Now that I am a PHEV owner, I am experiencing a certain amount of stress when passing Quick Trip, Race Track, Shell and Chevron. Perhaps I am missing the fellowship with others frantically filling their vehicles as if it were a contest to see who can reach the largest outstanding balance attributed to purchasing fuel on their credit cards. Now, driving around for a week and a half and still looking at the gas gauge indicating over half full, I find my self wondering if there is something wrong with the gauge. Finally, I manage to get it down to indicating a half tank. Okay, I can't wait any longer, I have to stop and fill up. I insert the card, put in my billing zip code, and here it comes, I get to select regular! What? Not Premium? Okay, I select my grade, insert the nozzle, and click on the fill lock. Now, a few minutes to snap a photo to post and check in on Foursquare. Click! What the heck was that. The nozzle turned off. I squeeze the handle and it clicks right back off again. What the heck, I have only pumped a little less than 7 gallons! This is nuts. Lean in the car and take a look at the gauge. It says full, in fact, it's a good bit above the full mark. What ami going to do... Normally I can pump nine or close to ten gallons in my previous car when it indicated a half tank. I need counseling. I can't stop as often, which means less Dr. pepper, when I finally can stop, I don't have time to clean the windows before the pump clicks off. What to do, what to do.

hahaha it's funny because I actually said this same thing to my wife the other day. We've gone 575 miles and barely used half a tank of gas and I told her I barely remember what the gas station is anymore :) And thanks for all the welcomes! I appreciate it!

Welcome... I also have a Tuxedo Black Energi which I bought on April 4th. Currently it has 2744 miles. Needless to say the Energi fits very well my driving pattern. I work from home, so during the week I take the kids to school, camp, soccer, ballet, etc. all of which are within 4 miles each way. So I may drive 6 miles in the morning and I come back home a recharge using the 120V charger included with the car. In the afternoon I pick them up and then go to the gym which is less than 2 miles away. So daily routine is about 15 to 18 miles tops. 

I topped off the first tank when it was about 3/4 full. I'm currently on my second tank of gas, which I filled up in Orlando while in a business trip on June 6th. I drove from Orlando to Miami (about 220 miles) under heavy rain for almost the entire trip (has anyone noticed how the MPG's go down on the rain!). According to the car computer I still have 90 miles left of range on this tank, a bit less than 1/4 tank left. I used about 1/2 tank on the trip back from Orlando, which means that I have used a bit over of 1/4 tank in one month and one week. Not bad!

I expect that the 1/4 tank left will last me another two weeks or so... hopefully more!

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

That's awesome!! I remember being able to start the pump, walk in the store (wife in the vehicle- not leaving an unattended pump, of course), pick out  couple of items, stand in line, pay for it and walk out just as the pump would `click'. Those days are over!! And I'm not mad one bit.