Ford Fusion Energi Forum

What You MUST know if involved in a Hit and Run Accident on the Interstate

Philly Brian

My Fusion was sideswiped by some asshole passing me on the shoulder in a construction zone on I-95 in Philadelphia. The damage was quite minor. I decided to wait until the next morning to report it to the Philly PD. My mistake. It's a matter for the State Police. (Sorry. It's my first H&R and first ax on an interstate in 50+ years of driving) I called the nearest troop that afternoon. What they told me came as a complete surprise and I am wondering if anyone else would have also been surprised. Or whether I am just grossly ignorant of a rule/law that most people are aware of. 

BOTTOM LINE: They won't help me at all. Not one bit. Why? Because I had to report it ASAP.  Getting the Lic tag info & make & model, the time & date and pointing out that I think there are PennDOT cameras focusing on this area? Sorry. Still not going to help. "You waited too long". End of story. Something tells me that if I had connections to the Governor, it would be handled differently. Allstate says I'm covered and they can research the name and the other party's insurance carrier. But so what? Allstate can't file against them without a police report. I see no way forward from here.