Ford Fusion Energi Forum

My interior is wet. Found the problem. Anyone else?

GilroyFusion

2017 Ford Fusion Energi.

I've owned the car since new and no accidents etc...

About 60,000 miles.

With all the storms we've been having my fusion has been parked outside for a couple of weeks.

Went to drive it the other day and the headliner and rear shelf areas were soaked. Finally had time to take a look at it today and figured I probably just needed to clean out some drain holes, Maybe replace a door or window seal at worst. During my cleaning I found some cracks!

They are located at the top corners of the front windshield and the rear window. Three out of four corners have them. One is a hole surrounded by cracks and the other two are just cracks... 

Stress/fatigue?

Wondering if anyone else has seen these cracks on their car? Or am I just unlucky?

It is a white car so they were easy to see once the gunk was cleaned out but they are in a spot I'd never even pay attention to otherwise.

Some pictures of course...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

0.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this won't be helpful to you since you do not have a sunroof but maybe others will be enlightened as I was. I noticed lots of water in the footwells and the headliner on my 2004 Saturn Vue. The reason (I was told) is that the sunroof contains drainage tubes/lines to channel rainwater down to the underside of the vehicle. These can (and do) get clogged and will create the sort of problems you are having. Not that easy to unclog they say. I just duct taped over mine as I was soon selling the car.