Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Check Engine Light - Full Assist Mode

Nsdikin1979

Hello!

We purchased a used 2019 Energi back in April and have had an intermittent check engine light and wrench pop up on the dash from time to time. Stays for a day and then goes away. Service centers can’t find any codes for the past five months and say the car is safe to drive…

Then, last Thursday my wife was driving and the car FREAKED OUT! At a stop light, the ignition light flashed, CE light came on, and message read Full Assist Mode on the dash. She says the car went backwards when going into drive (but I’m thinking that’s not possible). She turned the car off and would not start. It eventually would crank up after five minutes. Took it to our local shop and codes came back where they did a reset on the Battery Control Module. The ford I would take it to is 4 weeks out from seeing customers, go figure. But the hybrid tech that saw the car said that usually fixes this issue and if the light comes back, then it needs to be replaced.

Well, guess what….CE light is back. Headed to Ford tomorrow and may be selling this car. Has anyone ever dealt with this issue? Would love any guidance ?