Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Replacement Door Keyhole Cover Needed

Philly Brian

I recently purchased my 2020 Fusion at a major car dealership (but not a Ford dealer). On the driver's side front door, it was missing the piece that covers the keyhole. The sales agreement made note of it and specifies that they will contact me when one is found. They didn't feel it would be a difficult task. It has been a bit over a month and no word from them. I was wondering if any member has found a source for this part and, if so, could you provide me with the details? (I did a shallow dive into the internet but did not find what I need)  Thanks.

They are around $20 from a Ford dealer

https://parts.ford.com/shop/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=door+handle&storeId=1405&catalogId=251&langId=-1&searchType=partnumber&facetval=ads_f51503_ntk_cs:"Driver+Side"&activeFacet=50503681141051181011143283105100101#facet:50503681141051181011143283105100101 ) but those are unpainted and would have to be matched.  You're more likely to find a matching one at a junkyard as many years/trims have the same part and you can possibly find it in the color you need.  Make sure it matches yours as some years had chrome trim on them and others didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

The part came in and I went to get/install it Friday morning. Paint looked OK but no one was around to put it on for me. So I did it myself - shouldn't be hard to do. It snapped in place OK but it seemed quite crooked. The gap between it and the rest of the door handle started out very tight in the front and got wider towards the door. Tried to pop it off and give it another try. Couldn't do it. Thought I'd damage it if I put more effort into it. Finally a worker came out and helped. He managed to remove it and re-placed it. It was just as crooked-looking as when I had done it. He agreed that it SHOULD fit better but what-are-you-gonna-do? Quality isn't Job 1 anymore apparently. I may fiddle with it one day. Meantime if I see another Fusion in a parking lot I'll be checking how it looks on that car.